Tulshimala Rice Special Payesh RecipeRicepur
Payesh is a Bengali version of kheer. Rice and milk pudding flavored with cardamom, dry fruits and a sprinkle of rose water. A delicious bangladesh dessert to relish during the festive season of Eid al-Fitr, Eid Ul Adha, Christmas, Durga Puja or Diwali. Here is a Step by Step Recipe to make Bengali Tulshimala Chaler Payesh. Bengali cuisine is variegated. Bengali dishes also have a fantastic flavour and aroma that is quite hard to resist.
Ingredients Of Tulshimala Rice Payesh
- 1/2 Cup Tulshimala Rice
- 2 litre Milk
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 4 tbsp Rice
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 2 Green cardamom
- To garnish Raisins
- To garnish Almonds, sliced
- To garnish Cashew nuts, chopped
- Few drops Rosewater
How to Make Tulshimala Rice Payesh
- Wash and wipe the rice and dry it on a plate and leave aside.
- Heat milk in a large pan. Simmer till it is reduced to 3 quarters of its original volume.
- Add a tbsp of ghee to the washed rice and mix it.
- Add the rice to the milk.
- Put in the sugar when the rice is slightly tender.
- Continue cooking until milk is reduced to half its volume and starts thickening.
- Now add the raisins, almonds, and chopped cashew nuts, green cardamom powder.
- Remove from heat and add the rose water. Cool and serve.